Dear EGCOFS Patients and Friends,
We are continuing to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) across the country as it concerns all of us. As a health care facility, we have a responsibility to help our patients and yet protect our staff, ourselves, and the community from this pandemic. Please be assured that we are evaluating and implementing recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Medical Association (AMA), the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), and our local officials.
Our goal has always been to serve the community in a safe and clean environment diligently. We plan to stay open during this time and would like to take this opportunity to inform you of what we will continue to do to ensure your safety:
- Continue to practice Universal Precautions and abide by OSHA guidelines, which include the use of masks and gloves during treatment, frequent hand-washing, and high-level sterilization and disinfection of our equipment.
- We are utilizing high-potency cleaners to wipe and disinfect areas throughout the waiting room and treatment areas during the entire day.
- We are appropriately obtaining and monitoring of vital signs for our patients.
- We will request to reschedule patients with signs of Upper Respiratory Infection (fevers, cough, shortness of breath) within the past 14 days.
- We will request that patients come to their appointments accompanied by as few people as possible. Certainly, we understand that this is not always possible.
We want you to be aware that our practice is following this situation closely as it is changing rapidly. We look forward to continuing to serve you in a safe and comfortable setting, and we value the trust that you have put in our doctors and team.
Suketu Patel DMD, MD
Rodrigo Uribe DMD
Mark Clayton DMD